Google Analytics (GA) is a free data tool used to consolidate data from different sources and share aggregated results. This connector gives you the opportunity to import your GA segments into Contentsquare and use them to filter Contentsquare analytics.
Before you can begin setting up your connector you will need to:
- Be a Contentsquare admin
- Implement a snippet of code on your site
- Have a Google Account with access to your Google Analytics account
- This account should have 'Collaborative' rights
Note: It's recommended that you use a Google company account rather than your personal account when creating the integration, making it easier to manage if personnel changes occur.
Set up your GA Connector
1. Go to the console > 'Accounts' > 'Projects' and select the project you want to create your GA integration for
2. Click on the 'Integrations' tab and '+ Add new integration'
3. Search for 'Google analytics' in the catalog and click 'Add integration'
3. Read the Pre-Requisites and click 'Add'
5. Click 'Sign in with Google' and log in to your GA company account (or individual if necessary).
6. Set your parameters (all fields are mandatory), select the segments you want to import and click 'Add integration'.
7. The integration will have a 'Pending' status while the request processes and a 'Turned on' status when it is available to use.